
“Hi!”
“What is your name?”
“Where are you from?”
“Are you studying or working?
………….
“Please let me see your face through the camera.”
“Can I have your phone no.?”
“Can we meet and have some thing to eat together?”
These are the examples of sentences to talk to each other through chatting program in internet. Now it is a big hit among Thai teens and it is a chance to get risk to suffer from the bully. It is the chatting with only words (PIRCH) and sometimes they have shown their photos on camera (MSN). Some have made an agreement to show their lively movements (WEB CAM). Moreover, some are going to show themselves in stripped and naked way.
Some teens pay their interest in chatting seriously than studying. The phone calls and appointments are made and it risky to lead to crime. Some are deceived and brought into sexual intercourse earlier. Some are forced to appear in erotic movies and trapped at the end. Some have been taken their photo during chatting and being naked and those are appeared in public because they are well known among teens.
What’s matter in our teen society? What makes them behave like this?
I’ve tried it since last 2 week in MSN and there is nothing works in good way.
Share me your ideas PLEASE!!!!! >>>>>Ech Suwinai
8 comments:
Technology is something like two side of the same coin or even sword. Sometimes people are not aware of it. In the age of IT, everything goes fast. The IT world is extremely larger than our imigination. Teens like to explore new things with fast speed. Internet serves their need well.
Once again that I have to talk about media literacy. We need to educate our kids to learn both benefit and negative result of using IT.
I think crimes come after ignorance. Many criminals take advantage of reckless of the internet users. I think if the users could aware of this, they would not fall into those traps.
I've never been that serious chatting. I sometime using MSN to talk to my friends who live aboard. I've never allowed a stranger in my space. Even I just talk to my friend. Sometimes, I found a tasty conversation that we've never had such a conversation when we talk face to face. I found I can express myself more via the internet. I don't have to worry about the reaction that my friend may send to me directly in face to face communication. I don't have to worry about how much my friend notice my reaction as well. And if I no longer want to talk to them I just say good bye and close the window. it's easy...
This is how I did with my friend..it would even more with stranger. I can change my name, retouch my picture or even chang it. I can hide my identity and I'm invisible.
Good and bad people in the cyber space are all around, hard to see just like in the real world. But for me, chatting or meeting people in the cyber space is just like playing a game. A phychic game, you can win and you can lose. There are meny games to play and there are several ways you can gain after you win the game, as same as, if you lose there are several ways to pay.
But what you, always, have to pay is for real.
2nd comment = (-"-) BUHM
To follow Buhm's writing, I had some experiences chatting with strangers. It was a time when the computer monitors were in black. Ha..ha.. It was almost 15 years ago. I used Eudora program then. It was one of the earliest chat program.
Those of my experiences were not good. One boy just suddenly quit the conversation when he knew that my hobbies were different then his. I considered it quite rude behavior. He doesn't care because he doesn't know me in person. Then he doesn't need to maintain good manner. For him, it's just an electronic conversation.
I also realized that the representation of oneself on the internet can be changed. People are free to express themselves differently from their daily life. They are encouraged to change their faces to fit with their interlocutor.
In my conclusion, in the cyber space, lie is allowed. However, I'm not interested in making friend with people who always lie when they want to.
MSN can be very useful to chat with our friends.Anyway we need to be aware of chatting with strangers.There were many people who became victims from chatting programs.
Meeting with a stranger espeacially the opposite sex can be a temtation for lonely men and women.May be we can find a really good one.But we need to study someone very well before actual meeting.If must be good to bring yor friends to come with when meeting people in the net.
Chatting is dangerous for young people so parents should give advises about this.Parents should not let children chat in the net alone in their rooms.They should pay attention to their kids so they don't have to feel lonely and be obsessed with the net.
"Have you ever chatted?"
"Yes, of course. I am the expert in chatting."
Every time that I chat, I am producing the great performance. Lots of chatters are not willing to tell the truth about their personal information. Trying to look good or having the admirable background by giving a lie about their job position, age, educational background or even their name is so popular in every chat program.
Therefore, joining the program reveals that the chatters are in the synthetic world. Very few of them are honest and sincere with their chatting mate.
I'm sure that every chatter realizes this truth very well. But it could not stop the rising stream of MSN, Sanook QQ, Pirch or ICQ.
I think that the outstanding reason deluding to chat is being lonely. Some of teenagers would like to contact with whoever because they feel isolated. It might be their excuse but most people mention about this as their reason.
However, I think many of them want to search for a boy/girlfriend. Worse than that some annouces that they want to chat with someone who can have sex with them.
What are their perception towards internet or chatting program?
I feel like it is an approach for flirting ... flirting with dangers.
I agree with Buhm that MSN or Pirch is very useful for keeping contact with long distance friends, relatives, or coping with business. But how many people are aware of this benefit?
The above comment belongs to Wanvisa.
It is one channel to commit crimes. Many teenagers are victims of more craftier people. Many female teens are lured to lose their virginity.
I believe that everyone who can access to the internet is literate. He/she is educated at least in a certain level. Why does he/she trust the one he/she found in the internet implicitly? Why don't they think more carefully before they decide to meet their chatting mate?
There are many examples appeared in the newspaper. It is a good warning for anyone who are going to meet someone from the internet.
It's time to campaign and promote the danger to all Thai teens.
Wanvisa
Post a Comment